SBN Mechanical Inc.
offers expertise in the installation of air conditioning for homes
without ductwork (this includes homes that are hot-water heated or
electrical heated) as well as more conventional air conditioning systems.
Click on the logos to read more about the products we carry and install.
Custom built Lo-Velo: for homes without ductwork
. low velocity, economical, attic-installing air conditioning.
SBN Mechanical Inc. has more than 20 years combined experience installing
attic-based air conditioning systems and has been perfecting the
alternative Lo-Velo system for nearly a decade. And Lo-Velo is quickly
becoming one of the most successful products we've ever offered to our
- The Lo-Velo system is half the price of standard high velocity systems.
- This super quiet, customized system delivers cool air smoothly and quietly to every area of your house.
- It is quickly and easily installed without the need for major cosmetic
alterations, bulky ductwork or enormous installation costs.
Unobtrusive, adjustable ceiling diffusers let air drift gently down,
guaranteeing even temperatures throughout your house, without the
drafts or noise often associated with many other air conditioning
- An AIR CARE electrostatic air cleaner, easily removable for cleaning, is
supplied with every system. This highly efficient filter will provide
purified air all year round and is a must for allergy and asthma
The popularity of the Lo-Velo system is increasing by leaps and bounds
all over the Greater Toronto Area. Its dramatic growth over the past,
mainly through referrals, is a testimony to the
appropriateness and quality of the system, the efficiency and
cleanliness of our installations, and the courtesy and care with which
we treat our clients.
We're proud of our growing family of satisfied customers and look
forward to providing you with the quiet, even and comfortable
environment you deserve in your home.
Most homeowners with hot-water radiators or electric heat are only
aware of the expensive high pressure, high velocity, air conditioning
system generically known as SpacePak. An alternative system, the Lo-Velo for smaller homes which,
because of the nature of their size and structure, do not require the
costly tubing and components associated with high-velocity systems.
The system works superbly in two-storey homes and bungalows, providing
inexpensive cooling, uniformly and quietly. It is not uncommon for our
clients to want to stand on a chair and check the air flow, because
they cannot hear anything!
A few of the many advantages of the system are:
SBN Mechanical Inc. adds filter driers and liquid-line sight glasses to enhance
compressor life and aid in rapid, effective analysis by our servicemen.
Our electrical work complies with Ontario Hydro codes, with fused
disconnect switches and outside wires to the condenser shielded in
- Custom-sized return-air grilles -- larger, quieter and more efficient
- Permanent electrostatic air cleaners, easily removable and washable
- Pre-insulated, flexible ducting with a high R-factor and UL-rated flame resistance
- Specially insulated, custom plenum ducts for maximum sound attenuation
- Scratch-resistant, fully-adjustable, white ceiling diffusers with horizontal air distribution
- Secondary drain pan underlying the fan coil to give extra protection against leaks
All our installations come with washable, Air Care electrostatic air filters, which
are compatible with the system and are of special benefit to people who
suffer from allergies, hay fever, or smoking cohabitants! We offer a
choice of digital or standard analog thermostats.
We continually research and upgrade our product line and installation
techniques, giving our reputation for service and professionalism a
definite leading edge! Give us the opportunity and we will prove
ourselves to you -- we guarantee it!
We welcome enquiries from contractors interested in installing or
having their systems installed. Call us to discuss this tremendous
opportunity for comfort for your home buyers.
What is Spacepak?
SpacePak is a unique and versatile solution to your air conditioning needs.
Suitable for residential and commercial properties, SpacePak is the flexible choice for central air.
What Makes SpacePak Different from Conventional Air Conditioning?
- Small, 2" flexible tubing eliminates large, bulky ductwork
- Less humid by removing 30% more moisture
- Ultra-quiet cooling and heating
- Draftless for even comfort
- Quick and easy- installs in days
- Small Inconspicuous Outlets to Match Any Décor
SpacePak's air outlets, located on the walls, ceilings or floors, can
be painted or wallpapered to match any room. A variety of outlet styles
Small 2" Flexible Tubing Eliminates Large, Bulky Ductwork.
The SpacePak system employs tubing, rather than metal ductwork, that
easily threads through walls, ceilings and floors. This flexible tubing
requires just 1/10th the space of conventional central air conditioning.
SpacePak is ideal for existing homes without ductwork
The system is also convenient for new homes
- Homes with baseboard heating systems, steam radiators, or radiant heat
- Older homes with limited space
- Historic properties where architectural integrity must be preserved
Quick and Easy - Installs in Days
- Complements in-floor radiant heat
- Allows architectural design flexibility because accommodating the ductwork is not a concern
- The installation of SpacePak requires no major remodeling, as
flexible tubing threads Less Humid by Removing 30% More Moisture
- SpacePak uses a six row cooling coil, which is three times deeper
than conventional air conditioning. This feature results in colder,
- Lower humidity levels create a more comfortable environment, even at higher temperatures.
- Less humidity reduces mold and mildew providing healthier indoor air quality.
- The SpacePak owner saves up to 7% on annual utility costs as a result
of higher thermostat settings - Based on U.S. Department of Energy
Efficiency Ratings. through existing space in walls, ceilings and
- There are no large, unattractive room units or outlet grills that blemish the room décor.
- The central blower unit is small enough to fit inside a crawlspace, closet, attic or basement.
- SpacePak's dynamic sound attenuators are installed at each outlet to insure quiet airflow.
- SpacePak's sound laboratory in Scranton, Pennsylvania continually tests system units to guarantee quiet, optimal performance.
Complete information on SpacePak products can be found
Your best choice in ductless split air conditioning systems.
LG HVAC systems offer a range of solutions that are cost-efficient,
quiet, and attractive. They provide a smart alternative to both central
HVAC and window-mounted air conditioners, and are available in a
variety of configurations to suit different cooling and heating situations.
These innovative systems are “split” into indoor and outdoor units.
The interior units are available in several different configurations:
ARTCOOL™, standard wall-mounted, floor standing and ceiling
cassettes. All interior units have remote controls for easy use.
Installation by a qualified HVAC contractor is safe and easy—no
duct work or sheet metal is needed. Single, dual and tri-zone
systems, as well as cooling only and heat pump models are
Look for these key features throughout the LG line.
LG: Your Best Choice in Ductless Split Air Conditioning Systems
- Attractive, customizable indoor units. ARTCOOL™
provides numerous options to compliment any décor. The
ARTCOOL™ Customizable Art Panel works like a picture frame
– any art or photograph can be displayed. Other ARTCOOL™
units come in a variety of beautiful colors and finishes to suit
- Multi Power System.™ Energy-saving twin
compressors: one provides power at 60%
capacity until the system reaches a desired
temperature. Then the smaller compressor takes over to provide
sustained operation at 40% capacity, saving money and energy
- R-410A Refrigerant. Environmentally friendly
refrigerant utilized in the majority of LG systems
- Neo Plasma Air Purifying System. The 4-stage system
features a large, permanent filter and an electronic air purifier
that captures microscopic contaminants like dust, mite, pollen,
and pet fur
- Triple-Filter Air Purifying System. An electrostatic filter removes
dust, pollen and smoke; an anti-fungal filter prevents bacteria and
mold from forming; and a deodorizing filter freshens the air
- ARTCOOL™ Self-Cleaning Indoor Coil. Drives dirt and
moisture from coil surface leaving it clean and fresh smelling
- Dehumidifying Mode. Indoor unit accurately senses room
temperature and controls humidity by shutting down the
compressor before a room is over-cooled
- Chaos Swing. Electronically controlled louvers and fan speeds
create a more natural, random flow of air, reducing temperature
- ARTCOOL™ Three-way Cooling. Air flows out of the unit
from three directions, creating more natural circulation.
- Jet Cool. Operates at high speed for up to 30 minutes to
quickly cool a room down to 65° F
- Swirl Wind. Four-way controlled louvers and fan speeds create
a stronger, wider air flow and reduces temperature stratification.
- Auto Operation. Provides three levels of comfort from which to
choose. Temperature and fan speed will set automatically
- Manual Power Switch. Easily accessed button that allows for
continued operation if the remote control is misplaced
- Defrost Control. Shuts down the indoor fan to prevent cold air
from being blown into the house. Removes frost from outdoor
coil when the outdoor temperature is low (Heat Pump only)
- Temperature Display. Shows room temperature of interior unit
- Auto Sleep Mode. Automatically increases the temperature
setting 2° F twice (after 1/2 hour and one hour). The interior
unit shuts off when the timer setting is reached
- Auto Restart. Automatically restarts a unit to programmed
setting when the electricity comes on after a power failure
Complete information on LG products can be found here.